... in this case, lunch, dinner, several Yuenglings, nerve damage to the left hand, swollen fingers, and lots of fatigue.
After a full weekend of trail work, I came home to days of barn work. Gravel work to be specific. My hands are absolutely wrecked, but the barn looks pretty sweet. 37 tons of 3/4" rock laid down 4" thick (some deeper spots) to level out the pad, then 22 tons of crush and run on top.




Hannah and H. traded turns with the skid steerer, which did the scooping and most of the hauling, but it was all wheel barrel loads and hand shoveling to fill the stalls and level the hallway. It was a lot of shoulder/back breaking work but well worth it in the long run (or so I'm telling myself). Luckily I can always count on Slumlord Joe for some beer thirty carb reloading.

H. and I started re-hanging the stall doors today but ran out of screws/lags for the last two as the old ones were just not up to another trip into the walnut boards.

Tonight it's TOOTs for MOOTS at the Tap Room, don't forget. I think OldGreg and I are going to ride the ti bikes in, which is good news as I've been cranky not getting to ride my bike any lately. Tomorrow I'm off to South Carolina for a SORBA Board of Directors meeting. Not sure what to expect, but hoping it'll be a grand time. We'll be camping and I'm told there are some sweet trails nearby, even ones that'll be ridable if the predicted rain comes to fruition.


No comments:
Post a Comment