J5's Daily Grind

Friday, December 3, 2010

Marking the Competition

Apple Pie Moonshine

Ten Friday's in a row of gorgeous mtb riding weather. Either I'm so happy in my new gig that it's affecting the weather or Friday is statistically the best day of the week to catch the sun. Perhaps it's cruel irony that the last day of the week for most is the best weather to get hopes up before crushing spirits with a rainy weekend. Dunno, but I'm not complaining, I'm diggin' the Friday rides. (I'm sure it'll rain every Friday from here on out now. Sorry)

A group of us met out at the Bell today for a fun, dog-paced ride in the woods. JD typically whines to get going on the trail when I have the mtb out. Catahoulas are notorious for their whine. He's very impatient when it comes to singletrack, he likes to get going and not dilly dally around. I mistook his whining for the "can we get going" whine when, apparently, it was the  "I gotta potty" whine while standing and chatting with Jeffy and MJ in the parking lot before the ride. JD, standing at the end of his leash in front of me, mistook Jeffy's kermit the frog legs for a tree and hiking his leg let it rip, er.. drip. Good thing Jeffy was equipped with water proof shoes and good reflexes today.

I still can't believe he did that to Jeffy! Then again, when you line up for a race (and what trail ride with buds doesn't turn into a race?) you always mark you main competitor. Apparently, JD was marking Jeffy as his main rival, or claiming him as his.

Oh wait, JD says "happy birthday" Jeffy. I guess it was his attempt at giving you gift. You're lucky it wasn't the present he left off to the side of the white trail. 

No comments: