2 weeks ago
J5's Daily Grind
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Pre-Chirt Satin Finish?
I got out for a freeze-thaw affected gravel ride Friday with a couple friend's I've not ridden near enough with lately. It was cold, but sunny and the ride was something we all were needing. The thawing of the chirt left a nice crust of dirt on the MX RSL. Sunday was more of the same on a still-to-be-cleaned bike. 53 miles and many hours later a new coating of chirt covered the remains of Friday's ride.
46 more commuting miles later, the coating of chirt still clings tightly to MX RSL. Luckily tomorrow's commute calls for 90% chance of rain. Maybe that'll help me clean off this beast.
Though I think MOOTS should offer this as a new finish option, you know like distressed designer jeans and pre-worn guitars. Dried Hickman county chirt is pretty damn durable and would make for a sweet pre-chirt Satin finish option.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment