2 weeks ago
J5's Daily Grind
Friday, June 29, 2012
Hot Summer Nights
Every now and again time, music, and weather will collide into memories long ago thought lost far, far out to sea. Tonight's hot but not humid, starless dark sky heavily contrasting the bright moonlight combination sent my brain reeling way, way, -way- back.
Cruising home with the windows down, the air blowing in the windows faded from warm to cool as the road undulated and wound further and further from the city. Radio on and reflecting heavy.
I can vividly remember the wind blowing through my hair, the engine of my little Honda CM roaring, pegged out in top gear, as I rode across the moonlit back country roads of my hometown after getting off work late at night. Roads fading from chip-seal to gravel as I crisscrossed the grid that encompasses rural Midwest. The smell of cornfields and dust. The chill of the cold pockets of air and the relief of the warm ones as I circled the lake. No where to really go, no where to really be. Just time to kill and the wanderlust to be out.
Tonight really brought that back. Armed with 3G and Pandora I was back in time. No where to really go, no where to really be. Just time to kill and the wanderlust to be out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment