J5's Daily Grind

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Savory Classics


May has arrived and brought with it rain, sun, and 70 degree temps. It's starting to feel like spring and it has been nice not needing any additional layers outside of a jersey and shorts for our night rides. Although we've had a very wet spring so far, the past few sunny days have dried out most of the saturated fields and the flooded rivers & creeks have all began their retreat to their banks.


So it's May, it's been in the 70's and sure, we've had to deal with a lot of rain, but what the hell is snow doing in the forecast for the weekend?! Don't freak Nashvegans, it's not here. It's there. Where I'll be racing 120 miles of gravel, dirt, and fields in apparently snow, sleet, and rain. I've packed the RemsenBrand Embrocation and a whole lot of "Belgium the F-up" with extra mayo and frites.


I'm not really ready for spring. I'm still stuck in classics mode. Cold, wet, muddy, and maybe a little snow. It'll be hot, humid, and horrible soon enough. I'll savor it while I can get it.


1 comment: