J5's Daily Grind

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Buzz Off



 New sights and new hoops. I captured these turkey vultures landing on an old roof top while riding to Chapel Hill to pick up a lawn mower belt. I ended up capturing the image I had in my head despite shooting it on the go from my bike after digging the phone out of my pocket and removing if from a plastic bag. Crazy luck. Luck that never seems to be there when I choose a lottery ticket. 


In other news I got my new hoops laced up today. Hed Belgium C2 rims to Pewter Chris King Cross hubs. Buzzy. 

I went clincher over tubular despite others disagreeing. I'm cheap and lazy. Although I have ridden tubulars and love them, I don't like gluing and cleaning and paying a lot for tires. The Clement tubeless tubulars almost swayed me but I can't swing cross only wheels. Not yet. 

Planning on skinning them with Challenge Bianca Strada 30c tires until cross season. Give my Clement X'plor USH 's a break and see what fancy open tubular  tires feel like. Hopefully the Challenge tires will be as reliable as my Clements have been. Maybe I'll kick myself a time or two for not going tubular. 

No comments: