Matty and Corey got back to the farm late Saturday night after spending the entire day at the Snake Creek Gap Time Trials. Matty got to race, Corey manned the booth and demos. Before Matty had left the Mother Ship with the van, Corey had asked me if there was anything I needed packed. I told him to pack sunshine and dry weather for Sunday's Demo. Saturday I got a text from him stating the weather outlook didn't look so good. I reminded him that he was supposed to have packed it in the van. He responded "I thought sunshine was your new nickname for me". Either way, he left them both out of the van.
I got to the farm after them and greeted Corey with a hug and said "you smell like campfire", to which Matty started belly laughing. Apparently, Corey was surrounded by campfires all day and bemoaned the odor all the way back in the van. Funny stuff.
Since Corey missed out on riding Saturday, he and I sneaked out Sunday morning before the planned demo to get a quick ride in. It was 59 when we woke up and the sun appeared to be threatening to peak out from behind the clouds. I took him around one of my favorite local loops. A scenic taste of what middle TN has to offer: gravel, narrow country lanes, winding roads, rollers, and a few hills that Corey referred to as landfills.
We got back just in time to get the tents and bikes set up before the demo riders began to trickle in. The partly cloudy 60 degree day lasted about 20 minutes into the demo before a massive cold front started to blow in that took the temps down 23 degrees in minutes. It started to drizzle a bit by the time the group ride went off at 2pm, but luckily it held out for the 40ish mile ride. Just wind and cold.
JD, dressed in his Moots best, greeted each rider and kept watch over the demo fleet.
Lo and Brian piloting some Moots for the group ride. Lo's riding the new Vamoots Disc Road NAHBS show bike.
Mr. Campfire Sunshine Boy
After the ride it was time for a campfire, pizza, and beverages while all the riders hung out admiring the bikes, chatting with Matty and Corey, and enjoying a Sunday out at the farm. Once the rain storms rolled in for good the party moved into the barn. All in all not a bad way to spend a Sunday in March.










No comments:
Post a Comment