J5's Daily Grind

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Count Down


They are predicting 4-8" of snow to hit us overnight into Thursday with single digit lows for the next couple of nights. It's always a race this time of year. A race to get out on and enjoy the trails before Old Man Winter fully descends upon us. The past 3 winters I'd been able to ride dry trail all the way thru Thanksgiving before the upper trails were covered in snow. Considering we had 22" of snow fall on the first day of Summer this year, I wonder what this winter will bring?

 
Several of us got out Monday after work for a ride where Jared almost died trying to skid with road cleats and pedals. The temps were warm, the trails dry, and the beer cold. Good times.




Primed for take off down Little Moab.
 
Today, despite the 20mph winds preceding the storm moving in, was another great day out on the mountain. Trails are riding so well right now, the colors are fading from distracting bold contrasts to the faded tones of late fall, and the moose and bear are active down low.

Dead Jared. 

I snapped a photo of Jared, who found it hard to breath after climbing up Lane of Pain. I wish I'd looked at it before we left. Notice the unknown gentleman in the back. His fork is installed backwards. Not good for the steep, twisty descents down the mountain that follow this overlook. Be careful out there kids. Measure once, cut twice.

No comments: