"I expected a lot more out of you than third"

That's what Iceman (aka Mike, Mooch, Fixie 8-ball, and yes in that blond spiky haired fly boy movie way) said to me as we walked to the awards ceremony. Well, what do you expect against two Cannondale sponsored pro riders (with full squish and gears) and geared, squish riders... We were about 7 minutes out of second and had been as close as 4, but we gave a good fight and had fun doing it.

I don't really have time for a lengthy recap, but suffice to say my first ever duo 12 hour race was a blast! I'm never one to just pin it and this format allowed us both to go from the gun. Look for a more race related recap on the Yazoo team site later tonight.
Saving grace of the day award goes to Sharpie and his Swiftwick socks. He supplied me with a prototype pair of ole 12's to tear apart during the race. I'd started the race with my wool 12s, and was happy, or at least so I thought. The compression of the new ole 12's cradled my arch like a caring mother (or 2 hot nurses). Thinking the added arch support was the main difference, I headed out for my laps only to find a surprise awaiting in my new threads. The cooling factor of the ole 12's is insane. It was a blazing hot sunny day and my legs felt like I had fans hooked to them. A cooling breeze sensation rocked my legs as I spun, hitting me like air conditioned socks. At one point I had goosebumps. They never slipped, bunched, rubbed, or pinched, all race day comfort (and post race party comfort too, not to mention high style).
Swiftwick Ole 12s, cooler than ice(man):
I think Lucy likes the way the socks look:




Chillin' after Jut helped fix my brakes (they broke lap 3, replaced after lap 4):


Yazoo pre-load, carbo-load, and recovery drink mixes (aka Pale Ale, ESB, and Porter):
"Holy hell, how did you boys find the Crow's Nest?!" Yes Jut, we will be back to live the Rut life.



No comments:
Post a Comment