J5's Daily Grind

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Welcome to my Awesome Kingdom


A wise man once wrote to me and said, er typed: "he who has the biggest fire..will get the chicks." I wonder if having the biggest tent will help? Not just a tent, but a kingdom. I mean my own kingdom, imagine the possibilities: eunuchs, concubines, harems, peasants, farmers, knights, wenches. And lest we forget, 3 legged baby killer dog.

The Awesomeness has gotten more Awesome (new and improved with hints of green) stepping up the Awesomeness to a whole new level, no realm, of Awesome. I'd received warning from the friendly folks at Backcountry Research about the arrival of a Kingdom, for every Ambassador needs a kingdom so as to reign properly over the little people, but somehow I missed the "and goodies" part. Shocked is an understatement of my reaction to the opening of said tent box.


It's like the mother load. I felt like Indiana Jones discovering the Ark of the Covenant, or perhaps more like Han Solo catching a glimpse of the goods down Pricess Leia's top when she wasn't looking. Yeah... Wait what was I talking about?

2010 Awesome in Envy Green.

A new batch of Awesome Straps have also been delivered. My very first (seat tube) Awesome Strap (whom I lovingly refer to as "OG") is still holding strong. The most recent (with new protective cover) Awesome Strap is also still holding strong. I'll probably leave OG on as he's been so faithful (unlike some PMBARian Orange Panted Messengers) but go ahead and swap out the top tube strap for one of the dope green accented ones. It'll match my Mr. Moots. Green is the new White. Coordinate now or be e-ridiculed.

These'll be handy come night laps at DSG for the pups. JD and I are doing open co-species duo.

The rest of the straps I'll probably hand out at the Kindom of Awesome in the DSG vender village, or perhaps it'll be located between Mootsville and Canardia (Kim is so Awesome!) Where ever it lands, it's going to be the place to be Friday night and during the race (hint: the Yazoo kegs gotta live somewhere right?) So mosey on over and join in the fun. Initially we were going to have the Awesome Strap Dicky to the barn contest, but since he's a smegma sniffer (H.'s words not mine) we're going to have find something else to do.

So much goodness, so little blog space.

Hmmm... what's this for?

For runnin' around in my Rasta cap all wacked on Scooby Snacks.

After devouring half the bag of Scooby Snacks in my Rasta Cap, H. informed me that the cap is actually a packable dog bowl. Oh, and the Scooby Snacks are actually for the dogs. At least my coat will be shiny for the next few days.

One Grandpa's Fire Fork (should also help with the chicks)

Plus a Titanium Spork and some Pet Soap (everyone knows soap = trouble)

Explains why this is stuffed into the box.

Special thanks to the fine folks of Backcountry Research for providing this new Awesome Kingdom for which to party and all the wonderful tools and toys to keep us safe and warm. Hopefully the Backcountry Research Kingdom Cherry will be popped, rocking the gravel lot at the March Snake. If this Kingdom's a rockin' someone tighten the guylines and check the stakes, thanks.


And with that, I leave you for the rest of the week as I have family matters to attend to up North. Speaking of phalanges, check out the size of the still growing pups paw print next to my boot! Yeah, he's going to be huge. Awesome!

Monkey's Monster Paw.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Does this mean that I have to go to DSG? Are you going to Crank the Shield? Hmm?