J5's Daily Grind

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Great Firewall Of China

China Tree says "No Web Albums For You!"

Yesterday's plague of missing picasa web albums has been linked back to China by internet super sluethier OldGreg. Apparently their Great Firewall of China and NetNod weren't playing well together. Kinda like black and purple headsets - oooh which free super spendy headset should my scandahoovian barbie bike wear? Come on, larger problems abound such as missing web albums and gratuitous cute cat shots. Red's the new purple, Dillen. Finger it out.

Seriously, every ride?

Frustrated from being in the box far too long Monday, I wrestled traffic with Central Park chess move precision to check mate fate and make it home not earlier than early, but still early. The benefit of a dealing with a crappy car commute is the opportunity to have a playground out back. I took the Monkey out for a short walk about (he's been cleared to take slow walks on leash to help rehab his leg) then suited up and rolled out to the monkey pit. Armed with fresh WTB markety Mark videos, a muddy (but a dry muddy) bike, and my trusty shuffle I headed out to unwind the wound.


The rolling grass fields on the way to the back are bright green with new growth that looked even greener against the blue clear sky. Since the back field tops out along the ridge before plunging into the Monkey Pit, the green gave way to the drab brown of the woods. Though bits of green are beginning to peak through, I imagine it'll be another week or two before the Monkey Pit changes into it's thicker green canopy.

The only green causes red: The Privet is flourishing.

The late night work hours are really cutting into my bike maintenance time.


After dinner JD started to whimper and I took him out just in time to watch the full moon rise over the ridge line and pierce through the low clouds. It was far more impressive than this photo lets on, but I thought I'd share in case you all missed it.

No comments: