So much for meeting up with myself for a beat down. Saturday night sleep alluded me thanks to massive nasal drainage and congestion (mmm phlegmy). H. has been under the weather fighting a head cold/sinus infection and my first thought was that she'd finally spread her filthy sickness across the carefully constructed pillow & dog bed barrier.
Then I realized when symptoms come on that suddenly it is generally allergies / asthma. I had a bit of both kicking in just to double the pleasure. Some Advil Sinus and Allergy allowed me to get some sleep Sunday night, but Saturday was futile. I still managed to get out for a spin in the afternoon, but nothing along the lines of what I'd planned on.
mmm... chocolate covered bacon on a stick. Tastes good AND you can poke your eye out.
It was all worth it though. H. cooked breakfast on our laid back Sunday morning and the Slumlord brought down some chocolate covered bacon on a stick. I was able to spend the morning cleaning and catching up on chores that tend to fall by the wayside when work schedules don't allow much home time or your wife is busy working/ training and kicking your butt at races (yeah, you know how it is, Kick). Floors and bikes scrubbed. Carpets vacuumed. Weeds whacked. Then it was playtime. Just in time to catch the sprinkle shower and re-dirty the bikes.
Come on baby, hold together. The well ridden 6 year old drive train is showing it's age.
Shiny shiny.
All in all a pretty perfect weekend topped off with fresh apple Lyle pie and a new bouncing Boston baby niece.
A busy uncle relaxing with baby Claire.
Think she's cute, you should check out my duodenum!
And stomach!









2 comments:
Is it better to be the fastest guy, or go home with the fastest girl?
I know lots of fast girls but most are already married and the unmarried ones don't return my phone calls or have restraining orders.
Post a Comment