Today's near 80 degrees and sunshine, after a week long Canardian cold snap, had JD and I loaded up and headed for some exercise out at the Lock. The trail is still experiencing perfect conditions. So fast, so flow, so fun.
Even the notoriously swampy West loop is riding perfection as of late. It's been a fun section to hit and one I was looking forward to today. That is it was. I'm not sure what gnats are still alive and kicking, but I think the entire gnat population (minus King Gnat) are currently living all over the West loop at the Lock. Swarms were hovering every where along the trail. It was hard to breathe and even see without being overwhelmed by gnats.
JD's log jam.
I did my best to swallow, snort, and swat as many as I could to help out the 6 hour racers who'll be buzzing around the trail tomorrow. Hopefully the cooler temps will keep them at bay (the bugs not the racers), otherwise that section will be a swarmy gnat swamp.
JD started to overheat a bit so we took a mid-lap break and played in the lake, then finished off the rest of the lap. The heat must have been getting the better of him as he was having a very rough day out on the trail. We opted to cut the day short so we loaded up and headed home. By the time we got home, JD was feeling a bit more spry so we decided to take advantage of the remaining daylight and headed out back to run our trail for a bit.
And enjoy a bit of play time in the lake too.






No comments:
Post a Comment