When I first moved to TN I often heard people joke about the weather saying something along the lines of "if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes." I never really got it because our weather isn't usually that crazy. Normally that is. Abnormally, it's all over the map.
So Sunday was a beautifully blue skied, near spring temps day out on some great singletrack. Monday we get rain, then snow and freezing temps. A perfect day to take in a hockey game on the glass courtesy of the fine folks at Swiftwick, despite the horrible loss to Canardian Edmondson Fitzgeralds.
Dog ankle deep with white stuff.
Back to the weather. Just this morning I was visiting the photoimagineering that takes place over at Gnat's place and made the following remark regarding his recent snow bike photos:
"I just spent Sunday in single layers with arm warmers riding pristine singletrack after weeks of rain and snow. It was a spring like day and a very much needed ride for me and the pup. However, your images have me wishing the snow had stuck around for the weekend due to your images and their mythical feel."
High volume 2.4's swallowed by the snow.
Well look at me now. We're blanketed with several inches of the white powdery stuff after having just rid ourselves of the last dumping. Be careful what you wish for over at Gnat's place. He apparently has some powerful connections.
The snow was too fresh. The temps were just about right. And the night sky had a cool eerie red glow to it that I couldn't wait until morning for a snow ride. So while H. brought the horses in for the night, the pups and I went out for a little fun in the snow.
I really needed at least one more snow ride for the season. I hope to squeak another ride in on the white stuff tomorrow morning before it's all gone again. Thanks Gnat!







2 comments:
Nashville Predators suck.
So do 26" wheels. If you had the big boy wheels the snow wouldn't be that deep.
Jebus loves you.
cheers!
You're lucky you sent me that bitchin' sticker else I'd be driving up to kick you square in the Maple leaf!
You can dis the Preds but nobody puts baby(wheels) in the corner!
Post a Comment