2 weeks ago
J5's Daily Grind
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Going Farther with Less: The Hybrid Life
In an effort to re-balance the daily grind to go farther with less and allow more than 2 days a week to get in some good riding the Rigormootis recently got an X injection. Since swapping to tubeless my riding has dropped. Although I am loving riding a tubeless setup, it's a major pain in the butt to swap tires around from a road/commute friendly set to a knobby meat. And at $63 bucks a tire, wearing knobbies down on pavement isn't a frugal friendly maneuver.
Solution: Add some 700c wheels from gRant with some $17.99 32c tires and turn the singletrack shredding machine into a tar-n-chip eating Ti-brid. I got it out for it's inaugural ride last night after work with Adam on a completely new to me loop that included a lake I'd never seen before right here in Davidson county. It is an ear-to-ear grin inspiring beast. This is the start of a S240 adventure riding rig. As soon as I get some brake shims, it'll just be a wheel swap to go from dirt to pave.
The big wheels fit with room to spare and the only negative is a massively tall bottom bracket. Though the tall BB will come in super handy for the MOAB fat tire crit coming up at the end of May. I'll be able to lay it over and pedal through every turn. Talk about some curb clearance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment