J5's Daily Grind

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Spookhouse Breakfast


I had an appointment at 7am for Krvin (my car) to get some work done. Since Thursdays are one of our typical bike commuting days, I didn't want to totally miss out on riding due to the car appointment, so we tried something new since we'd be extra early: eating breakfast. So we met up at a local breakfast joint and ate our fill before finishing the ride in to work. A nice change of pace.




Of course, being early we had a little extra time to explore some new roads along the way. Preliminary scouting for some extra exploration on the route home. I had the ROAM set on 30 second intervals to capture some of the scenery.



Heading  out after work. 

 I was curious as to how well the ROAM would work at night, so I left it mounted up next to my 150 lumen mi-newt mini and let it roll. Aside from a few streaking lights, several shots turned out pretty decently. I'm sure with my 1500 lumen light I could get some much better photos, but I'm happy with the few I caught. All in all, it was another great adventure commute with a twist.


Hike-a-bike up a rocky path next to the river. 


A spooky gravel hill.

Led us past vacant ruins of an old home.

Vacant and spooky old home remains at that.



No comments: