2 weeks ago
J5's Daily Grind
Friday, June 28, 2013
Little Adventures
It's been incredible following along Monster's progress in the Tour Divide race. He's crushing it in his typically atypical Monster way. He is of a different breed. That kid loves to ride his bike. He's well past the halway point and into the triple digit miles. 2,711 miles according to "Ride the Divide", though I've heard 2,741 miles bandied about as well. Plus with the forest fires raging and closing some of the sections off, who knows what his real total will be. Whatever it is, it's impressive. Pedal on Scott!
Meanwhile back at the ranch, I've been stealing away small adventures. Whether it's 45 minutes late in the day or early in the morning, I'm embracing my local outdoors. I even managed to squeak a camping excursion into the workweek the night of the super moon. It was the perfect night for a campfire.
A few moments ago as I was closing the chickens up for the night in the hen house, I stopped and looked up. The sky was clear and full of stars. I hopped on my bike and headed out to the back pasture. If the sky was as amazing as it was in the backyard, the way-back backyard would be even better. It was. Darkness, solitude, and beauty encapsulated me. Precious moments.
As the humdrum and bustle of the work week beats you down and wears on your last nerve. When you long for a vacation getaway but can't afford it nor have the time off available to you. When life is serving you lemons instead of lemonade. Look for little moments where you can find your own mini-adventure. Trust me, it's out there waiting. Beckoning. Ripe and ready for the taking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment