J5's Daily Grind

Friday, November 1, 2013

Maritime All Hallows E'en



With the fall comes a brief slowing of the cycle shop madness and offers a chance to sneak away for a bit without your co-workers wanting to strangle you upon your return. This year aside from New Years and a day in March for CedarCross, I haven't taken time off. A vacation away was long overdue.


Fall is my favorite season and Halloween my favorite holiday so what better way to celebrate them than a trip out to my sister and her family's home in the Mecca  of Halloween, Salem Massachusetts. 


I hadn't seen my goddaughter since my surprise party in January and needed to make up for lost play time. We walked into town for a carrousel ride, raked up and jumped in leaves, splashed in puddles, read books, built houses out of Lincoln logs and blocks, and played scary ghosts in the playground. 


We also carved pumpkins and went trick or treating. She has been a good babysitter, always keeping me engaged and fully entertained. I sure missed this kid. 



Salem is a really quaint New England Maritime town and the weather couldn't have been more perfect for a fall visit. Sunny and cool days, spotty rainy days, and sunny warm days as we left. Each day allowing for some outdoor exploring. I only wish I could have brought my cross bike to join in some of the New England games. Maybe next year. 




No comments: