J5's Daily Grind

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Chip Free

Me and 8Ball practicing the "game face" out on the trail Sunday, 8Ball's needs a bit more work.


Actually, that's no game face, that's the look of flust-ration. If I had legs I had no lungs, if I had lungs I had no legs, if I had handling I had no speed, if I had speed I had no handling. ARGH!

Saturday, Mike and I did some hot laps at top speed around Lock 4 while the gals rocked the trail together (Hannah's first time clipped in). The legs felt great, the lungs seared, my abs on the verge of cramping.... ugh. Either I just suck or I just suck at going fast. All was not lost, I got to work on my high speed cornering and glancing off of trees and witness Mike tearing it up on "Celine" and becoming very hard to catch. Lucky for me there has been a rock or two around to slow him down.


Sunday Mike and I headed North to meet up with White Bros Keith (while the gals headed South to ride trail) and ripped it up on a brand new to me trail. It was killer!! I can't believe I've never ridden there before now. Well, actually I'm glad. It's rare to discover a gem of a trail so close to home that you've never ridden before. I'll definitely be back. I can not believe the varied terrain in such a short span. It has parts of all my local favs, plus some Bent Creek-ness, some Bear Creek-ness, and a pinch of Sewanee all condensed into a tight little epic feeling package with a swimming hole. That's 2 for 2 post ride swims this weekend and 2 for 2 off road rides for the girls. As 8ball would say "Hell Yeah!"





No comments: