
Another SORBA/DSG work day in the books. This time the trail was drier than the murky wet March work days. A smaller crew of workers were present, but a much larger group of pre-riders out and about.
I'd forgotten how fun this trail is, it's easy to recall the painful parts, but I'd forgotten the rocky, twisty, back country feel this trail offers up. The new sections really enhance the flow of the trail. Especially the downhill re-route before the power line climb up to Moore's Hill. You can really pick up some speed on that downhill now. That could be a great spectator/Nascar crash site during the race.

I got in 2 and a half laps before stopping to chow down some beer and pizza. As dusk came (before the rain) I headed out for a few repeats of Lucy's Loop, one of which with The Hannah just as darkness set in and the trail disappeared.
The added 7mm to the fork, whether placebo effect or actual, really improved the handling of the bike. Still surgically precise through the woods, the high speed technical descending stability was improved. I think 445mm might be the magic length for the new fork when the jar fills up. My only hope is that I feel as good come DSG as I did riding Saturday, because the bike feels great.
Scuba Steve and his Lynskey. Check out the Yazoo Walz Cap (I swear they'll sell those things to just anybody)DSG is May 9th. This year will feature a 20" bike night time trial, dirt jumps (complete with a starting ramp), pump track, races within the race, Misfit Psycles Dance Party and Dicky piƱata bash, chance to win a Moots frame, and much much more. Hope to see you there.










No comments:
Post a Comment