J5's Daily Grind

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Nosy Neighbors

Hi, we're here for Hannah, is she home?

While making lunch today, the neighbors decided to drop by unannounced. Rather than knock they decided to just peer in the window and make silly noises. I think they said they're from Candandia.


Yesterday H. and I were able to escape for a 30+ mile spin in the highlands. H. said she got "thadded", implying I got her out for a "short" spin that turned into a multi-hour hillfest.... pfff whatever.

hey mr, nice chainline

Good news: The crank held together (so far). The sliders held tight, even on the steepest of local pitches (even that one krs), and the frame soaked up the grassy field chatter nicely when cyclocrossing the fields around the greenway (the fat knobby tires helped too). The real noticeable difference of the Rigormootis over my previous 2 mtb frames is the stiffness when climbing. I'm attributing it to the monostay design, though the beefy stays probably help some too. I've had 2 other frames (one carbon and one aluminum) that had a monostay design and both were my favorite climbing/sprinting bikes, they felt like every crank was transferred directly to forward progress. The Rigor has the same feeling. It definitely lives up to its name.

Another line of strong storm producing weather fronts are beating up on middle Tennessee today. Be careful out there.



No comments: