More fun with the camera. Above is Dish with the selective color setting on blue as you can see by the pen cap in the background. His one blue eye is a little too pale blue to get fully picked up by the filter, but it's still a good shot of the ol' curmudgeon.
JD and is new chew tug toy. The yellow filter bringing out his eyes and new collar highlights.
Dos Perros looking resplendent in blue.
Moots Red.
With the Sub9 Death March coming up this Saturday, I needed to get the Rigormootis into tip top shape, install a new chain, and decide upon a cog that will work for gravel, trail, and pavement. So while it hung in the stand, I couldn't help but play with the camera settings some more. The above is with the macro lens enabled, the close-up scene selected, and red color filter applied.
Pink, an ever present reminder of Jan.
Shiny happy people filter. Is that you in the corner?
Makes you feel kinda dirty, doesn't it?
The last few rides have found my drive side bb cup coming loose enough to start creaking on me. I thought I'd fixed it, but it wiggled loose again on my last ride so I borrowed a more torquier wrench and an 8mm 3/8" drive allen for my torque wrench and pulled the torque specs from the web-o-knowlo-sphere. Hopefully things will stay snug and quiet this weekend.
Finally taking a few moments between playing with the camera, wrenching on the bike, and searching online tech pdf's to actually look at the map and course info for the Sub9 Death March has me really wishing I had a more crossier rig. Then again, I'm really jonesing over the new RSL. That'd be the ultimate do it all bike. But with Pressfit BB30, 44mm headtube capable of running all the latest fads in fork steerers, curved down tube for better fork crown clearance, 29" wheels (egads!) that can run mtb/road/cross tires, naturally I'd have to run tubeless on such a rig as well as, gasp, hydraulic brakes. I think I'll have to do my best to hold off until 2012 because, as you all know, that's when the world ends. Surely me owning such a beast would certainly have to be a sign of the apocalypse.
So until the world ends relax in the comfort of my obstinacy and belief of the 26" wheel.









No comments:
Post a Comment