J5's Daily Grind

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Just Another Homegrown Hump Day

Another amazing piece by Andy of Homegrown.

Rain. Cold. Clouds. Return of stout beers. Must be getting close to cyclocross season. Due to work's hours and a bit of a commute I missed out on the cross practice event the bike lounge put on last night. Though I did manage to get over in time to catch a few friends packing up and have a couple CalfKiller Grassroots Ale and conversation at a local neighborhood pub. I enjoyed wearing wool in the cold, misty night air of the outdoor beer garden. Welcome back fall, if even for a short teaser preview this time around.


Speaking of cross, check out this Homegrown Andy built for a local customer. The gore ride-on brake housing combined with the through the seat tube brake cable routing has these Avid Shorty Ultimates feeling better than most hydraulic brakes. Very smooth. Take notice Moots PsychloX.



After work, I took advantage of the cool temps and remaining daylight (thanks to a liberal pet policy) and rode with JD out on the paved trail along the little Harpeth river next to the office. There's tons of grassy fields to ride/run through and not a lot of pedestrian traffic in the cool, rainy weather. It was a perfect night to ride. Leaves have already fallen were coating the path, officially closing the door on summer. Soon, very soon, caramel season will begin.

Pup loves to run with the bikes. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so does the seatpost not go into the frame far enough to interfere with the brake cable or do you have a long sli straight through the seat post to give you adjustment room. I guess it's just a seat mast.

cornfed said...

It's a seat mast.