J5's Daily Grind

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Coming Soon: Godfather Part III


This weekend is the third installment of the Godfather Gravel Grinder. Once again we'll be rolling around Buffalo Valley heading towards the steepest, longest gravel pitches in a Gentleman's Race. Best hand after all 7 climbs wins the coveted GGG cup. I might have to pass on the cup this year, my mind and body just aren't up to the task at the moment.


My focus is elsewhere. My goals a little different. My attention not sharp. My performance enhancing clothing on the shelf. I'm looking forward to spending time on the bikes with Stanley and his Smith/Putnum County Mafia. It's been too long since I've got to pedal with them. Although he surprised me with a visit to the farm during the cross race, it's not quite the same as getting a few hours in the saddle exploring new unknown roads and what adventures they might hold.

No comments: