2 weeks ago
J5's Daily Grind
Sunday, November 11, 2012
The Lost Sideshow Featuring The Mad One
This weekend was the USGP Derby Cup race in Louisville as well as the Swank 65 over in Brevard. Two races I would love to have been able to participate in. Swank was out but the boss did offer Saturday off for the Derby Cup, but I declined due to needing to save money for all our recent water repairs and having just gotten back from a long trip, I wasn't keen on spending another 9 hours in a car this weekend.
Despite missing out on racing, we managed to make the best of it around town. Some sticker fun at work, an idea germinating for some Brepic Brah time 2013 racing adventures, some more footage taken, inspiration watched, and some random hooliganism thrown in for good measure. I'd say it was a good week.
Saturday morning really started the weekend off right. Patrico and I got in an abbreviated adventure breakfast ride in with Rob and new to adventuring Jeff before heading off to work. I wish we'd had another hour to have ridden. I also wish I'd worn a helmet. Not so much because I got hurt (I didn't) the propensity was just there and I didn't get to complete the rocky downhill / stairs challenge. Next time.
Post work we headed off for our 5pm lunch and then hopped on our bikes to explore the city. What started off as just a fun jaunt around downtown turned into an 18 mile night time Civil War History adventure ride. Creepy.
We decided to hit up Kimbros Pickin' Parlor for a beverage before heading home. That is until we discovered a friend in the audience and the word that the main band for the night was pretty damn good. It was a Doors cover band and they really lived up to the hype. Several beverages and many hours later it was back on the bike and heading for the homestead.
Sunday started nice and lazily. Chores were done first, then a short ride with the pups, followed up with several new sections of singletrack cleared for the December short track series. Finished off with some raking. Lots and lots of damn raking. Stupid leaves.
We managed to squeeze in another 8 miles of riding before the sun sat for the night, leaving Sunday to finish off like it started, lazily. Here's to a night on the couch with beer and pizza, my friends. Cheers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment