An impromptu Yazoo crew pre-Occasion pre-party erupted last night at the club house (aka work). T.roy and I were the last two remaining at work. I got an emergency phone call from a panicked client about some issues, so I had to buckle down and get an update out while T.roy and The Mannondale worked the conference table over (aka Ping Pong). JutRut showed up on his way from the 'boro and stopped in to join us in a few Yazoo Hefs and Pale Ales before heading over to the Harpeth Bicycles shin-dig. Several rounds of king of the table were played as we discussed life, polo, and the upcoming loss of the Jut to Asheville.
Thanks to ever-late Eli, we showed up fashionably late to the Harpeth party. Hot wings and veggie food splayed out with a warhead of Yazoo Dos Perros up front and Pale Ale in the back. Perfect. Lots of folks were out. Many whom I'd not seen nor spoken to in a long, long while. It was great to catch up, share lessons learned, discuss events and training with folks like Hank Sr. and Jamie Dial (ultra-distance runner extraordinaire). A large number of the crew were present and we all enjoyed wet crotches from Dunnsy and Diesel and their water bottle water gun and watching SexPot Jeanie eat greasy wings (oo baby). Post party many headed East, a few of us South and finished the night at McCreary's Irish Pub. Thanks Henry, Fred, Jeff S., and others for throwin' down, nothing like drinking and partying in a bike shop to make it feel like a Holiday.This morning I awoke to 55 degree temps and the promise of sunshine. Andy, T.roy, and I had mentioned doing brunch at the new breakfast diner near work, so I left with an empty tank. After sweating out the poison (beer) for the first half of the commute, I was near starving on the second half and not finding the legs to turn the cranks. Andy arrived shortly after me and we had to wait on T.roy. Eventually T.roy showed up (almost making it a lunch instead of brunch) and after about 5 mins of work we rolled out and enjoyed a nice brunchfast. Guess I should probably get to work now, huh? Happy Friday all!

No comments:
Post a Comment