
After a nice round of pong with Co-worked Kevin, I loaded up the truck and headed for Brewery,
Tap Room that is, pints of porter, pints of stout, all the cycling kids were out. Ok, not all, but a good sized crew was present. 8-Ball Mike made it out and thanks to an errant click on a website, he now has an iconic t-shirt to replace that ratty old, worn every frikkin day
SSUSA t-shirt. Jeanie, doesn't that boy own any other shirt besides ones I have?

The Squirrels of Fayetteville were able to make it up to the big city and share in the magic of the Tap Room. Stories of merriment, upcoming events, new bikes on order, singlespeeds, horses, asses, and shenanigans involving horses, asses, and singlespeeds filled the propane warmed brick hall. I talked to the head Squirrel and booked top bunk at Hunter's house for the week of SSUSA/DSG, Hennessey has dibs on the tree house (watch the stairs), it's going to be a fun filled week, I can't wait. Trans Iowa (the trip, the pre-event shenanigans, the event shenanigans, and the post event shenanigans (go ahead, say it 8-ball, I set it up for ya)) is going to be the perfect pre-party. I'm really excited. So many races I love, but going back year after year sometimes the magic is lost and you crave the unknown and newness of those yearly beloved races before they became yearly beloved. It's a blast of freshness for me, so I'm motivated and pumped. It's not just pain for pain's sake, there is purpose and new unknown, undiscovered, never before reached by me levels of suffering and fun. (Shenanigans!)
No comments:
Post a Comment