J5's Daily Grind

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Shoe Mittens!

Just a quick update:
Didn't finish. Made it to the first checkpoint 2 minutes too late. Perhaps if we didn't miss the re-route or the directions in some spots had been clearer, the 12 extra miles (hour lost) might have allowed me time, or if the evil wind hadn't stolen my queue sheets with 9 miles left and I didn't have to wait for 2 riders to come before one had directions I could have eked in under time, but as it stands all of that is part of the experience and part of the fun. I'm proud of my race, effort, preparation, and fitness. Devastated by the 35 mph sustained winds and 40-45 mph gusts we fought all day. Had a great time. Rode strong with 5 great ss'ers, several top SS finishers from last year; spot on in the group I was hoping to hang with. At least there was a bar at the end. Still digesting it all. Currently hangin' at the Hoffman tavern drinking some Mothership Wit after a short spit around town.





No comments: