J5's Daily Grind

Monday, December 22, 2008

Hey Eli...

... I think The mothership has some competition. Race ya for pinks.

rollin' the loaner

Heading back from the EMIL (Evil Mother-In-Law)'s house last night, I noticed the temperature gauge was reading higher than what should be normal for a cold engine and 11 degrees F outside. Two miles later it's pointing up at H (the temp gauge H not H H.), it would then fall to halfway then go back up. Called Dad hoping he was working which he was, sweet, let me talk to Dave the wonder mechanic. Hmmm, stop driving? Not good? Will do more damage? Damn.

Back to the EMIL's then to the auto fixit place. If I show back up tomorrow afternoon and give them $800 bucks, my car should be fixed. I guess the car was feeling left out and wanted in on the X-mas action. I was really hoping they'd open the hood and find my missing Mis-bits (or at least a customs agent or mountie), thereby resolving both issues without a lot of expense or hassle, but unfortunately that only happens in the movies. I'm just not that lucky.

This whole car repair business sure was a little easier to bare when I had a paycheck. I can't complain though (well I can, but...) as there are a lot of others out there who have it much, much worse than I do. Take, for instance, this Eagles fan:


Apparently, this guy Andy was just out minding his own business talking to bluebirds and such, when a crazed black, ankle biting, yappy dog cornered him in the field. Her evil attic dwelling master then tied the poor guy to a 4x4 post inside of a fire pit ring and while holding a magnifying glass towards the low hanging winter Sun focused a beam upon him until he burst forth into flames.

photo unscrupulously lifted from Joe Maloney's FaceBook

Ya'd think the guy was Canadian or something. Rest in Ashes Mr Eagles guy.

Yeah, I don't have it so bad.



No comments: