When I ordered my 35 tooth chainring, I went browsing for stems and found an $89 FSA stem on sale for $35, so I ordered one up to replace the glass and sandstone Thomson. The 35x19 gearing combined with the 10mm shorter stem really livened up my ride. I think most of it comes from the rear wheel change, the new gearing fits with my old chain length, but the hub is tucked neatly in the front of the horizontal track ends shortening the wheelbase. I loved it, whether it's the 10mm stem change, the golden gearing (radar love), or the simple fact that the stem wasn't creaking, cracking, and klinking the whole ride.Bah-bye sandstone face plate:

Bah-bye glass stem clamp:

Hello Canada Klink?!

Note to my buddy who always ends up riding wolley instead of yellow:
Go into the trail head and turn left onto red at the brown sign. You should notice yellow diamonds with black arrows and "race loop" written/scrawled on them. Follow those diamonds (they are about eye level on the trees) and you will be get to ride the whoops the proper direction.

No comments:
Post a Comment