J5's Daily Grind

Monday, December 29, 2008

The High Cost of Fine Art


The missing Mis-bits ordeal has finally been put to bed. Peter really did ship out the order in a prompt and timely manner, the problem came at the border. See, Canandia suffers from a lack of art. An eager to move up the ranks oraficial at the border noticed the scrawling on the packaging and determined the box to be "fine art" and a "national treasure", declaring it unable to exit the country.

Immediately, the news crew (I guess there's only one news channel and SCTV available in Candandia) showed up, took some beta (they're too good for vhs) and the box then went on a whirlwind tour of Candadndania's fine art gallery.

Calls, pleas, and heated words were exchanged. Even a botched black hawk mission attempted, but they would not relinquish their "gem". Finally I was able to get a hold of someone who spoke sanity and I was able to convince them that the package was not indeed fine art, but just mere run-of-the-mill stickers and sharpie marker scribbling that any 3 year old or bike messenger could achieve. They saw the light and released the package into my custody on the grounds that I never reveal the details of the box fiasco for fear of further ruining the fine art reputation of Candandania. But, since I'm on this side of the border (and honestly who goes to Cannannadana?) I feel safe divulging the truth to the 4 Americans, 1 Czech, a Spaniard, and a few from Georgia/Alabama area that read this.

I haven't had time to install the bars yet, but I will get to it shortly and snap some compare / contrast photos for people like OldGreg. However, if you've never ordered anything from Misfit Psycles before, do yourself a favor and at least order a bar, t-shirt, or a cod cog. The packaging, both inside the box and out, is worth the wait.

Exhibit A:


Exhibit B:


I didn't snap any detail photos of the Catalog or of the business card, but I must say that they are two of the most avant-creative designed items I've seen in a long time (and I'm a lifelong Sonic Youth fan so that makes me a near expert). Amazing such freshness can come out of such a cliche artist/whore like Peetur.

The detail, the humor, the art work....


The immense focus and attention to detail is purely awe inspiring.

Ahhh....






No comments: