J5's Daily Grind

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Called Up From The Minors

Moots', Mootses, Meets?

PMBAR is up in the top 3 toughest events I've done, it's also in the top 3 most awesome-estest events too. Team Captain Dicky, in his overly obsessive compulsive way, came up with 3 ingenious routes for our check points. Since I wasn't as familiar with any of the parts of Pisgah where we were headed, all I had to do was keep up, not do anything stupid, and not break anything. Easy right? Yup the hard part was trying to keep Dicky from getting hurt before the race even started.

"Gee, your Moots sure is sweller than mine"

"Hey a ladder!! I want to climb it!"

Hey everybody look at me! I'm on top of Blair's house!

There's so much I wanted to say about the event. Like how much it rocks. How hard it was. How I lost track of time and ended up bonking on Laurel on the way to CP4 but luckily was able to get some calories back in and suck it up on to CP5 and the arduous climbs back home. How I hated being an anchor to Dicky, this should have been his year for top step. How this is the greatest podium finish I've ever gotten (we got 2nd) and it means so much to me. But the words won't come. So enjoy some pics from the event followed by the reason behind my lackluster post.

Capturing our first checkpoint stamp.

Quick map check before exiting CP2.

Team 23

The Pisgah Legend Ivory finishing

Jut and Beth celebrating after tearing up the course


Rest In Peace my Sweet Sweet Girl

May the rabbits be many,
Mama's lap be warm,
the trails unending,
and the Sun always shining.
Know that I love you.


Veronica "Poey"

No comments: