
Let's skip back in time to Friday for a moment. Matty the Welder had driven the Mootsmobile from Mootsland to Swamp Cotton and with him were lots and lots of shiny shinies. Owning a Moots I didn't feel the need to take any others out for a ride, but I did steal a front 29'er wheel off of one of them and throw it onto the front of my bike for a spin. Damn that thing came to life. I was torn when I ordered one between a Rigor slider Gristle and the Rigormootis slider. Luckily though my fork setup allows for the 29'er wheel without choppering out the bike, which I still think is the best bike setup for Southeast trails. (Notice I said trails - yes a 29/26 setup makes no sense for gravel grinding Midwesterners)
The Moots demo was so hoppin' I had to cook food for the boys as they never got a break all day long. Forward from Friday to Saturday, which is still going backwards, and race preparations were in full swing. We had a solid row of Moots pits, which were very popular during the monsoon rain as all of Canandia came to hang out.
When Canada invades they take all the chairs. Notice Peter's "Really I still haven't finished this beer?" expression.
All the hip and cool Euros match their bibs to their toothbrushes too. Remember kids, completing a lap is not nearly as important as good dental hygene.
And like then Dicky said to me, he said he said to me, like wow I can't even explain it his ass was so hot. Like wiggity wiggity wack hot. Totally, eh.
Grant: Ok Dicky, sharp end or dull end? Your choice but your getting hit either way.Dicky: Ahnngh, this is going to hurt isn't it?
Super Dave "last man standing" D. and MootsCEO Rob "Thad Crusher" Mitchell awaiting Matty's arrival.
A couple of REAL racers chatting before the awards ceremony. "yah, so like we totally chicked Thad, eh?"
Candians are pushovers generally, but never, NEVER challenge one to thumb wrestling, they'll totally kick your arse, eh.





No comments:
Post a Comment