Wiki-wiki is clicky clicky. Word has it Fuzzy was rocking the shifty bits at the Cowbell. Deejay has been photographed riding a geared Specialized. And SlOhio has been known to twiddle an internal. Yup, the singlespeed must be dead. Not to miss out on another trend (I totally missed out on the whole 29'er thing) I slapped some geary goodness onto the Rigor.
The Rigor is now equipped with 60.667 and 50.555 Gear Inches. Perfect for commuting, gravel grinding, and middle TN trail riding. I've got a few trips coming up where one bike is all I'll have and there'll be a mix of road, gravel, and trail riding available and I hate having to drive the car once I'm settled somewhere. I love the sliders on the Moots, they accommodate 19, 18, 17, 16, and 15 teeth cogs with a single chain length. I could even fit a 20 and a 14 tooth cog if I had them.
The single chain length has the rear wheel tucked up under for the trail gears, making it a nimble, flickable, climbing, wheelie machine. Then pulled out for the smaller gears giving the bike a longer wheel base better for weighted down and stable long haul trucker rides. Now if only I had a set of disc 700c wheels with cross tires.

Tomorrow's forecast looks perfect for a day of hooky. Plans to ride the trail in the morning followed by some lake swimming and a picnic lunch. Summer time, get out and enjoy some while it's here.




No comments:
Post a Comment