A ride is planned for today that I've been anxiously awaiting for 2 days now. The time is nigh, but I'm tracking storms with my favorite radar dashboard widget. NPT is periodically updating me with severe storm warnings as Johannes Brahms' Violin Sonata No. 1 in G plays over my typing and accompanying my view from the office rather well today.

So, I'm holding out hope that the storms avoid us and we can still get out to ride the trails. I swapped my 35x17 gearing for a more epic enabling gear and tightened my King rear hub that had worked a little play into it at Kansas after it's recent servicing (Standard and not Metric). Then set to work getting H's bike ready to roll. Aside from washing it, I hadn't touched it since the muddy mayhem that was DSG. The rear D only shifted 4 gears and the front wasn't even considering changing gears. The chain didn't like to spin backwards either.

Though I'll probably need to replace the cables and housing down the road, I was able to tune it up suprisingly quick. It's been a long time since I've adjusted gears and I figured I"d just screw it up worse, but I had it up and shifting in about 15 minutes, time enough to get out and play on it, er... test the shifting. She and Jeanie though have their eyes on a Canandianican frame, it's all I've heard since DSG. I think he slipped a mickey into their water bottles. The bars work great and the cod cog is awesome, just so weird there's no 16t or 21t cogs (eh Dicky?)
Oh, this next photo is for you Franky: it's nearly a 5 footer roaming the walls and ceilings. Sleep tight.





No comments:
Post a Comment