J5's Daily Grind

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Day of My Life as a Tom Petty Song


Basking in the 45 degree temps and full sunshine this morning was an overdose of vitamin D that put me in a mood for spring. It felt great to be outside. I had time to kill waiting for the clock to read 10:20am so I could get the results of my latest TB test read (work requires 2 tests) so I would be back in compliance with the powers that demand compliant compliance.

The weekend is going to be in the spring like 50s and perfect for riding and today was a terrible teaser of the weather to be, only I'll be back up in the North where the highs will be what the predicted lows for TN are over the weekend. Ah the bitter cold irony.

The closest to anything bike I've been all week.

Typical of late, I've not gotten much bike time during the week. Wednesday was starting off on the wrong foot, so I put a little Moots mojo on to help get me through the day. If I couldn't be riding at least I could be wearing some riding socks to comfort the sole. If only those TeamDicky Swiftwicks would come in. Oh well, there's always the Misfit Swiftwicks to look forward to.

SouthernX has been rescheduled right on top of other previously scheduled events making it all more complicated. Is this how 2010 is really going to go for me race wise? I mean I've already missed out on the best* Snake ever and I have to work the weekend of P36 and several other key events of 2010. It'll all work out, it just sucks having to make a decision between 2 really good events that had fit so nicely in the calendar before the weekend of winter had to hit. I've still got a week to get it all figured out though... if only I were capable of the snap decisive decision making powers of Dicky.

*best = mostest coldestest

How cRude.

At least April welcomes a new event to the calendar and that should appease some of the 2010 let downs. Dig on the sample t I've been handed. Once again the squirrels are bringing a new black to the new year. This year black is the new black so remember to update your wardrobes and bike components accordingly. We are well aware that some are under the impression purple is the new black, but really it's the old black. Dicky's headsets have spoken.


The folks who bring it. Consider it well brunged.

The back is also the new back. Same as the old back, only newer and from behind.

Green acres is the place to pee.

Speaking of those who brunged, sounds like we might get more blog posts from places such as this with the Mighty Peter and his mobile electronic wordser of the dark lord. I'm so excited I sat on the edge of the seat.

2 comments:

parker said...

Transfer your race fee for the southern cross and do the fools gold 100 later this year. it's what all the rad people are doing.

steve said...

If that is an after shot of the tiolet I would have some more test ran.