
What better way to spend a 13 degree morning than standing out in the cold with old and new friends alike (old really refers to friends whom I've known a while, not just Big Poppy)? SORBA posted a workday at a trail that I've never really ridden a lot but have been frequenting more since the move to North Nashville. I had Dickman (not to be confused with mandick or dickyman) in my head "if you ride on trails, work on trails".



We opened up a sweet new re-route that BC's David Hardin had flagged to bypass a badly rutted and water collecting area just after the moguls. Some hard workers showed up today and we made quick work of it. I was mainly there for satirical wit and commentary, but found it too much fun diggin' in the dirt to not chip in with some labor. We opened a good bit of trail which included a fair amount of benching. After a late lunch break at Chilli's, OldGreg and I went back for a spin. Despite being freshly cut and raked (not even tamped), the new section rode really well. It has nice flow to it and adds a little spice to the West side.
Thanks to Big Poppy for the photos.

No comments:
Post a Comment