Since Saturday I've had 11 inquiries about a little bike-co.-that-could called Misfit Psycles. I am considering ordering up a bike just to tote around so when people ask me I can send them out on a ride. All you Vassago kids here in Nashie would probably wish you'd asked about them sooner. I read an mtbr thread that implied the Misfit DiSSent is the most 26 feelin' 29'er out there. Sounds like a bike for me eh? Well except for the 29" wheels. But I digress. I almost pulled the trigger but I'm not sure if I have to buy Chinese Democracy before I order or if I have to send in 5 UPC symbols along with 3 easy payments of $99.99.
I have no affiliations (aside from an occasional online jab or two) nor collect loonies for pimpin' Misfit gear. Despite wishing I could hate him, I have been ultra impressed with the mind behind the curtain, though I won't say that out loud for fear of ruining his image faster than boy porn pictures on the internet. I plan on ordering up a few bars to try out. I think the NUbar might be perfect for me to correct the shoulder blade winging I have going on. H.'s titec h-bar will probably get replaced by a FU2bar, as the h-bar is useless with gears and levers (non-integrated). Reedly, Cooper, and you bmx/dirt jumpers should check out their new Nummers frame. I might order one just to have a 26" wheeled Misfit (You know I don't buy into the emperor's new clothes, plus it's steel baby). Anyway, help keep Canada's doors open, buy Misfit.
In other news, I've rediscovered my love of programming. I've been working with technologies I haven't been able to work with since '03. I got moved from what I loved and into debugging and on-site client support as the product went from new coding to maintenance mode till '06 where I ended up in a tight fitting Actionscript box with little variety. I don't think I was put there, I think I just ended up walking into it and not realizing it probably didn't have to be that way. Lately I've gotten back into database design, back-end server object programming, client side AJAX, and some graphical design. Being ADD and slightly hyperactive, it keeps me entertained and I remember why I used to love this so much. I was as addicted to programming and creating new things as many are hooked on video games. I rarely was without a computer. I had gotten to where I tried to avoid the computer. Then I allowed some words to affect me more than they should have. The confidence is slowly coming back. The addiction to finding a better way has returned strong as ever, as has the curiosity for finding out "what else?". It's nice to actually smile while on the computer again.
Oh, I found out my beloved dead camera is $90 cheaper than it was when I got it, which means I might be able to get a replacement soon. I miss my photos. I really miss the 2 years of lost photos, but I tell myself it's just like a fire. I got out for a mountain bike ride today with some friends. It felt like spring outside, sun was warm, the air dry. Perfect day to ride. I'm planning on getting a good ride in tomorrow. H. has to work tonight and tomorrow so it'll be just me, but I have to repair the roof before I can go play. If I go. I find it hard to get out to just ride. When I commuted I had to ride and had destinations. Now it just feels aimless, but I'd better suck it up if I plan on riding Snake. Meh...
Looking forward to the Swanson's Hungryman dinner tomorrow.
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment