If ever I am told I can only step foot into a single bar for the rest of time, that bar will probably be Roberts**. I miss the Radio, but it's sad departure only makes this hypothetical decision easier.
No matter what your mood or current situation, you can't help but have a good time at Roberts. Throw a leg over a stool at the bar, order a PBR tallboy (or Shiner, Fat Tire, Yazoo Dos or Pale), a cheeseburger with sweet potato fries, and kick up yer' cycling cleats to some Don Kelley Band. Catch one of Johnny Cash's own touring band members slapping bass up front and a new 23 year old wonderkind guitarist. Magic.
I'm slowly getting over my sinus infection. I've enjoyed only a single ride outside in the past week. Luckily it was 43 degrees, windy, wet pavement, and spitting rain. I've just not felt like riding for a few weeks now. It took one sentence from someone close to slap me out of my stupor and it woke me up. I don't know about you, but it feels so good feeling good again.
The first thing I remember knowing,
Was a lonesome whistle blowing,
And a young un's dream of growing up to ride;
* court ordered obligatory link to Misfit Psycles Corp's best damn bike I've never thrown a leg over.
** their fried mushrooms are best when ordered from the balcony.

No comments:
Post a Comment