J5's Daily Grind

Thursday, November 27, 2008

GobbleGobbleGobble

Fear not, no Swanson's Hungryman dinners were harmed for today's dinner. Are all of you bored of your family time already? Tired of watching the Titan's stick it to the Lions? Trytophan coma kicking in and you're here for stimulating stories to keep you awake until after the dessert tray comes out? Sad that Dicky is riding 50 miles then calling the Pie on the cell phone and begging for a ride and hasn't updated his blog?

H. worked last night, slept all day today, then headed off for work tonight (schedule to repeat tomorrow and Saturday) so while I thank you all for the e-vites to hang out with you and your weird relatives, I wanted to be around for the 2 hours H. had between sleep and work and cooked us up a little meal to celebrate the Holiday. Lemon pepper and ginger teriyaki seared Salmon, brown rice, and cracked peppercorn squash, onions, and red peppers round out the meal followed by a couple slices of pumpkin pie.

To continue the traditions of the American public, I decided to get a head start on that whole Black Friday freak scene. Luckily I didn't have to leave the house, just logged in and did a lil' shopping over at the Swiftwick store. I got my order confirmation from Swiftwick International, LLC and am now anxiously awaiting my order of 12's, compression and merino.

Being a trauma nurse, H. is on her feet a lot during her 12 hour shifts. She normally wears one of her 3 pair of 12's. She has 2 of the original wools and one pair of the second gen ole's. She didn't have a pair to wear last night so she wore some of her DirtSweatandGears Swiftwicks. While they are comfy, she noticed a ridge in her shin when taking her boots off from cleaning barn stalls this morning after her shift at work. Her legs had swollen from being on her feet all night, they were also a bit sore. She said she'll not work without the compression socks again. Being a sucker, er... nice guy, I ordered her up a few more pair. I'm not just your average turkey, I took advantage of the short checkout lines and got me a few pair too. Just in time for winter.

Who says little men catchin' big air can't also rock the tall socks?
photo of Chris "Airsaggo" Cooper by Cornfed via Chris Cooper's camera

Gorgeous day out today, I hope some of you were able to get out for a spin on the bikes. I snuck out for a little spin on the road bike today. Plenty of rollers, some hills, and a little recon of some potential secret squirrel action.

Tomorrow another quick and painful road ride with 8Ball and gRant (if we can rouse him out of his house and off the Crackberry long enough) in the morning. Saturday grand plans to ride from 8's house out to MB, ride MB, then ride home. MTB SS gearing and knobbies + hilly unfamiliar redneck laden country roads + mid 30 degree temps with 30% chance of showers = guaranteed good time.

Late Addition: Ordered my Mis-bits. It's worth purchasing something just for the pleasure of reading the text of each step. Gotta love the honesty provided:

Oh and a serious thank you for shopping with us. Rest assured, you supported the right people, every dime of this money will be used on our personal bling-speeds or beer, mostly beer.





No comments: