
I was lucky to get out for a ride today with good friends. Laughter, camaraderie, smack talk, and pain. Even got to hang out a bit after the ride and H. was able to join in for some funny stories and immaculate quotes. For instance, Jeffy's quote about infinity "Man stuff like that just weirds me out."
My deepest condolences go out to Eldon aka "Fatty". I met Eldon for a brief moment in time at Leadville. He was riding with a recorder capturing audio snippets of other racers he encountered along the race. That's when I found out about his blog.
His wife passed last night after a very long and hard fought battle against breast cancer. I know all too well the pain and sadness, madness and loss associated with the battle of breast cancer. Eldon, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Fight on.

No comments:
Post a Comment