J5's Daily Grind

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Dog Eat Hand Days of Fall

Gnawing at one of the hands that feed him

Time seems to disappear between Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon. I've know idea where the time goes but it's gone in an instant while simultaneously feeling like not enough time to get everything done yet it's taking forever. Hurry up and blink??

A fitting London-esque post work beer night

Amidst the missing time and endless rain, I did manage a few hours of socialization with friends I don't see regularly anymore and enjoyed a nice home cooked meal with H. while vegging on the couch to cbs.com for a couple hours. Two rarities that remind me it's ok to enjoy time off the grid every once in a while.

I lasted 35 minutes before remembering why I prefer to just get wet and cold

For those racing fans, I've been dealt a double blow to the calendar. I have to work the weekend (the monthly 12 days of hell) of SWANK which has been pretty depressing. After missing out on SSWC, ORAMM, 12 hours of Canal, and Dirt Gut & Donuts I was really excited about a weekend spent in Pisgah. The second blow is the Friday of Thanksgiving, I'm scheduled for 10 hours when I was hoping to hit up the first Annual Gravel Grovel up in one of the other Nashvilles. Man this whole working thing is really cutting into my non-working time.


Fall, the other rainy season in the Southeast (like winter, spring and summer)

Actually I'm only saddened at the loss of the routine. I'll find other adventures to entertain and satiate my wandering soul on the weekends opposite the monthly 12 days of hell. Either that or I'll book a weekend at Mulberry Gap - trails, gravel, incredible food, and pup friendly.

The downhill slide of the work week has begun, soon it will be Friday followed by a Monday full of late tasks. Where'd I put that damn plate?



No comments: