J5's Daily Grind

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cuhutta Cleansing

Covered Bike Wash with Hot water. FTW!

I'll type up a race report/recap later. It's been a fun and tiring weekend with several hours of bike washing, tearing down, cleaning, grease repacking, part replacing, etc... Needless to say the conditions were pretty wicked. Your typical Southeastern Spring race: lots of rain, wind, thunder, lightening, tree falling, storm enduring, grit flying, mud covered, slimy coated rider, bike, and inside of the eyelids good time. I'm still wiping crud out of my bloodshot eyes.

Grit gets everywhere, even inside the slider slide.

My eyes feel like that.

Drying (like Batman)

Huge props out to Tim "Chuck Norris" Baker, Stephen "Motorman" Myers, and MJ "Third Time's a Charm" Queen for putting down hella good rides. And to The Duke and Rapha-boy for finishing up in fine form. It was a grand time, well 84 miles of it.

Special props to Pills for tearing it up and to Emily for the wonderful pep talk around mile 67ish (??). She said "Well, it's still a long way from done". You're the best Em!

Doing Cooper proud.

Oh and thanks to Mark from Ohio for ruining my (and everyone behind me) finish time before we even left Brush Creek (he said I could blame him, so I will).

3 comments:

Emily said...

Mile 67 is all about maintaining a constant moderate level of suffering, too late for pep talks by then. It's all about pacing.
PMBAR will be funner!! right?

Adam said...

Good job Thadius! You da man!

Unknown said...

Nice technique Grasshopper!!