The past 2 weeks have been spattered with packages coming in. Being so far behind in "training" for the season, I've also been behind in supplies, upgrades, and replacement parts. The fast approaching racing weekends (from this weekend through the first week of June) had me scrambling to get stuff. The bars came in last week, replacement chains, shoes, and a rotor came too. The only thing I wasn't sure of delivery time was my TomiCog.

But it showed up in the mail on Thursday. It's pretty sweet too. I almost threw it on instead of the new brake rotor, but figured CrudeXC is going to hurt enough as is without me clipping every rock in the trail. I'll never forget riding behind Hodge racing brakeless fixie on the course during SSUSA. He's a badass.
So I'm now armed with a ninja throwing star as well as a back-up in the event of freehub failure on the long unsupported races. I can use it to ride out, to kill dinner, or as next years Christmas cookie press.
I've started packing supplies for the next 3 race weekends: CrudeXC, Cohutta 100, and PMBAR. I realized I had no energy drink mix, chamois lube, electrolytes, or non-patched tubes. I've got some of that sorted out now, but I'm feeling far from prepared. Hopefully my new custom EpicDesigns race bag will be on it's way soon. Until then, I'm doubling up on a little extra awesome.

New chain has been installed, unlubed, re-lubed, unlubed, dirtified, and relubed. Prepped and ready for the weekend.
I also took delivery of the new to me used Ultimates from Meanjoe. These sweet puppies are so far beyond the old SL's I was running it's not even funny. They feel more like my single digit 7's but way cooler looking and lighter weight (if you're into that sort of thing). Plus they just look badass hanging off the Moots bar.
Huh? What's that? What's what? Oh, the cases on the floor. Yeah that's Yazoo Pale Ale prepped and ready for the weekend too. See ya out at the Barn.







1 comment:
So the next TWO weekends in a row we will be racing at the same race. are you psyched? because I'm psyched.
PS go fixed at Cohutta.
wv: shmater!!
Post a Comment