2 weeks ago
J5's Daily Grind
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
H.'s Leather Moots
So way back last January whilst unemployed, I'd managed to squirrel away the last of my cash to plunk down on my dream Moots. Why let a little lack of income get in the way of living the dream right? The plan before the unemp part, was for the Moots purchase and a new saddle purchase for the H.-ster. She'd always wanted a custom jumping saddle but never would spend the money. Kinda like bikes, you can spend as little or as much as you want. Anyway, long story short, she never got her saddle. Despite trying to save up for it the money went to bills, living expenses, car repairs, you name it, it sucked it up.
Then she tried a few saddles that weren't exactly what she wanted but were cheaper. She could have been content, but I know from experience that unless you get what you want, you'll not really want what you got. So we agreed she'd get the saddle she really wanted. The last saddle lasted her 10 years before she sold it to someone who'll probably get 10 more years out of it. So more looking and test saddle ordering and blah blah blobbity blah. Finally we came back full circle and she promised she'd get the saddle she wanted and not a cheap substitute.
Being the frugal and sneaky gal she is, she scoured the internet for saddles (she's an amazing interweb sleuthier) until she found her exact saddle, size and all, online (slightly used) at a great discounted price. Super Score.
I particularly like the way the shadow from my hand and camera makes the silhouette of a Dressage horse or perhaps a seahorse on Ian's shoulder. Remember, when in doubt, pinky out.
I think I'm probably happier for her new saddle than she is. She'll never admit to it, but she deserves it. So thanks for finally getting of the pot H. I wasn't looking forward to having to giving you the speech. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
;-)
Thanks.
Post a Comment