J5's Daily Grind

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fuzzy Moments in Time

The Limited Edition PapaTed Tall Boy.

Didn't take long for the swing to go back to full swung. So while I have a few spare moments before bed I figured I'd throw out a quick update/catch up of the goings on.  When I last left our intrepid travelers they were captive in one of the humidity drenched flyover states. I failed to capture the boat ride/fireworks viewing at Oak Run or the massive catfish cleaning competition between me and my Uncle Larry (he won) or the Moose room and cookout at Uncle Jeff's, but trust me the photos would have been awesome.

Waiting on PapaTed.

Humidity does odd things to one's mind. Like thinking sitting around in sweltering temps trying not to sweat off a double stick tape mustache waiting for your father to come home with Grandma for a cookout is a good idea.

PapaTed Arrives, macaroni salad in tow. 

Only PapaTed would think going to get Grandma for the cookout includes mowing her lawn first. Leave it to a retiree to think he'd better get to it before Monday rolls around. Wouldn't want to interfere with weekday nap times.

Pointing out to the oblivious.

All eyes on the grill.

JD

Dish

ooo, sparklers.

The good H. (evil H. in the background tormenting the dogs. Video evidence coming soon)

Recycling bin. Looks like a good time was had or lots of bad decisions were made.


Being the 4th of July, I wanted to get out to visit the grave sites of my veteran grandfathers. While walking through Wal-greens searching for a misplaced Grandmother, H. noticed some 4th inspired flower bundles and we picked up a set to decorate the graves. One North of town, the other South.


My road shoes having bitten the dust months ago, old mtb pedals and shoes got called back into active duty.

The mirror fell off the windshield of the Lemonaero again. A victim of roof parking heat I reckon. Or perhaps a cruel joke being played repeatedly by my father? I'll let you decide. Not enjoying driving with 2 missing mirrors in rush hour traffic, I decided it was a sign to get back to commuting via human power. My commute suitable bikes however are severely neglected as it takes most my limited spare time and available funds to keep the mountain bike up and running smoothly. So I took the night off from running the pup and spent some time prepping a bike for tomorrow since it's a rare bike friendly start schedule tomorrow. Opportunity knocks, I'm riding.

Sharky.

Gravely. Hickman county grit I believe.

Think it has a few more months left?

MTB is solid though. Priorities in order.

And a final memory of this week to leave for your viewing pleasure... My ever expanding year of "firsts" expands yet again. The local swimmin' hole has been swum in for weeks. Jokes of leeches (quoted from 'Stand by Me' and 'A Series of Unfortunate Events') turned into reality Tuesday night.

Leeches!!!
Mmmm... tastes like chicken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. I wiped the blood up off the counter top!
-H