JD's new Kockadoodle calling SlingChicken, SuperFowl.
The 60% chance of T-Storms disguised itself as a perfectly sunny and high 80's (50% humidity!!) summer day. Perfect lake temps, not swampy muggy nor roasting heat. Work and traffic actually worked with me rather than against me for a change and we made it to the "beach" shortly after 5, plenty of daylight left to get our swim on.
Photographic evidence for OldGreggars.
H. settled into the hammock pretty quickly. We hung it over the water to up the flip over penalty. It also allowed Dish to constantly fling water all over her when he shook off on the beach. I waded in with the plan of just tossing the retriever dummy for the pup, but the water was too inviting and the line tied to the retriever dummy too awkward. It wasn't long before I was swimming with the pups.
Retriever fun, Catahoula style.
JD and me swimming our laps.
More photo evidence for OG & Freshie. The Hammock Rocks (and swings).
I have plans for a rope swing and a dock or floating swim platform. The lake drops quickly to around 10 feet near the beach entrance, but gets much much deeper as you approach the earthen damn. Plenty deep for airborne shenanigans. Maybe even a water slide with a launch at the bottom? I need to borrow one of those fishing fish finder sonar things that show the outline of the bottom and tell you the depth. Would be cool to have a map of the bottom. For now I just use the action hoe to find the bottom. Perhaps goggles and a waterproof highbeam flashlight are in order?
Hounds of Play.
It was a leech free kinda day. I've been enjoying the "beach" for a few weeks now but it was fun to be able to finally drag H. away from the barn and get a little weekday R&R in, even if it was only in the back yard. I've got the location for my yurt all planned out, just have to talk the slumlord into selling me the back for cheap. Perhaps he'll trade even up for a Yaris and babysitting throughout the playoffs?







2 comments:
hahahahahhah! That launch thing is hilarious! I love math! I have to go watch it again!
we should send that first picture of the hammock to ENO.
-h
Post a Comment