Greetings from the Honolulu Pier, where the weather is phenomenal, the beaches pristine, and the little umbrella drinks divine. Too bad you can't join me... even worse that I can't be there either. A friend and ex-coworker from 12 years ago emailed me the above photo of a little item I left behind when I moved down to Nashville. It's found a new home in Hawaii, as has Javier. I never expected to have either show up in my inbox. Imagine his surprise when I show up on his door step!
I got another surprise in the old school inbox yesterday too, this time old technology from a newer tech friend, Hunter. Do they still teach printing in schools? Thought everything was keyboard driven and touch screen nowadays.

It's good to see some kids still have manners. Hunter is thanking me for a Bacon lunch box (mmm bacon) (oh, thanks again Dan!) and for the fun time we had working on the trails at the SORBA DSG trail work days. Then, in what I can only assume he has picked up from his Uncle gRant, throws out a sneaky sales pitch followed up with a bit of smack.
Well my friend, yes I will see you at Dirt Sweat and Gears (May 9th, sign up now and don't forget to donate for a chance to win a Moots frame) and yes, you are probably a lot faster than me on your bike. (Get dad to explain that one to you). Thanks for the letter little buddy, get to training, I've got $20 riding on you turning a faster lap than Petird.
Hey Dug the Head:
Swing over to Dicky's place and read up on the following photo. We're going to need you to fire up that silk screener and make a few t's for next year's post Snake Chilli's dinners. The backs will need too read "Stranger", "Rudder", and "Double Dutch" for OldGreg, Jeffy, and Squish.


No comments:
Post a Comment