Twice this week H. and I have taken the truck out to help friends move. I told a friend I should start "One Guy and a Truck" (there's a local moving company here in Nashville called "two guys and a truck") and H. quickly pointed out it should be "One Guy and his Wife's Truck".
After a greasy burger from Red Robin (which stuck with me all afternoon), all of us got out to enjoy the beautiful spring day out at Montgomery Bell. It was a mostly female ensemble, (4 chicks and 2 pricks?) but we still maintained a faster average speed and covered more ground than Weds 4 hour sandwich ride down at Sewanee.



H. finally got to test out the Misfit Psycles FU bar out on the trail. No shoulder/arm pain and she loved the handling on the descents. I might toss the FU2 bar on there to open the cockpit up a tad for her after she gets a few more rides in on the FU bar, just for comparison. They are more accommodating for brake levers and shifters than the Titec H bar.
Sunday several of us met up early for a brisk ride back at the Bell. I christened it the nomentum ride after the inch worm effect common for a train of riders in twisty, hilly singletrack. Where the pace is good but the terrain and the differing skill levels cause the middle and back pack riders to traffic jam (slow and go) their way around the trails. No sandwiches were harmed in the making of the ride. krs-1 even spared a 12" ham and bread sub from the cruel fate of a condiment tainted knife blade.
Tomorrow morning has me at the Lock with Meanjoe. Three days in a row on dirt, life has been good to me this weekend.




No comments:
Post a Comment