2 weeks ago
J5's Daily Grind
Monday, March 9, 2009
Support Your Happiness
Thanks to Bryan for taking the shot of me enjoying the halfway point descent. In the photo you can see the Swiftwick Tech T and the merino 12's. I heard a lot of "Can you get me a Swiftwick shirt like that" and "can you get me some of those socks" from people around the finish line party, followed shortly by a few people saying "just ask Sharp to give you one".
Here's the thing, just like the photo above, Swiftwick (and other sponsoring companies like them) are donating to help our scene grow and thrive. The photographers are out trying to earn a living taking memorable shots for you to remember your adventures. Likewise Swiftwick is in the business of making great apparel, but in order for them to keep making great products, we need to support them by buying their products. Why take advantage of friends just to save $23 on a shirt? I don't get it.
Swiftwick is a local TN owned and operated company who's products are TN (USA) made quality stuff and they give a lot to cycling, SORBA, and to the Southeast in general. Their products are stellar and well worth the price. I wouldn't be using them if I didn't believe in them. Please support your locals when you can: breweries, apparel companies, lbs' (MOAB, EastSide, Harpeth, etc..), and your community.
Enough ranting.... it's a beautiful day out there today in TN land. Nearly 62 degrees this am when Slumlordess Hannah and I ventured out for a spin. This was her maiden voyage on Fish (her new road bike from EastSide Cycles). It was a recovery spin for me that felt more like a good ol' morning commute since it's been a while for temps to be over 40 before 2pm.
The pups and I are chillin' with "all the door" open (eh OldGreg?) today while working. Well, I'm working, they are basking in the sun. Full time employment may be elusive, grocery budgets tight, and wants going unmet for a while, but it's all good, sitting here enjoying the pursuit of happiness. I'm going to enjoy it while I can. The cold temps and gloomy weather appear to be on the horizon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment